|Welcome, wanderer, to the fascinating world of Peora, a customized multiplayer online role playing game. Take the role of a valorous adventurer, explore a huge realm of magic and mystery and make friends with people from all over the world! To start playing sign up for a free account and download your client. See you in Peora!|
|Mon, 18 Jan 2021 -|
Hopefully the new year is off to a good start for everyone. Lately more of the larger, harder, and older quests have been attempted; it is nice to see them finally being completed, and thank you for all the feedback and reports.
Things as always are being fine tuned behind the scenes, and we are pleased to announce that everything is on track for a short term Valentine's Day event to be held on the 13th and 14th of February.
Fruit and corpses, the true meaning of Valentine's Day!
There will be a more detailed update regarding the event shortly before it begins. After the next server save, the following changes will take effect:
1.Albino and Ice Dragons, and Ice Lizards have been slightly rebalanced for health points, and in the case of Ice Dragons, loot ratios.
2. Lazarus and Pyramo have been updated slightly regarding their summons.
3. The Dread Dragonlord has been repaired for its dead body sprite.
4. Several NPCs have been corrected for spelling.
5. Several step in tiles in the Drake Isles have been improved to prevent errors.
6. The mage challenge layout has been altered slightly.
7. The incorrect bear reward in Original Tibia Annihilator has been repaired.
8. The Peora Heartlands Quest tome has been repaired for a missing quest.
9. Many map issues have been corrected, including an improper stair in Drake Isles and a missing teleporter in Windemere Ice Tortoises.
10. The task experience rewards for Blue and Green Djinn, Vampire, Hydra, and Serpent Spawn have been corrected.
11. Many spelling errors for items have been corrected.
12. Monster layout for Dismorfia has been altered slightly.
13. The Monster of the week in the Thais Arena is updated.
14. Elemental Damage Orbs for elemental weapons/spells damage testing have been placed in the Thais Arena.
As always, kindly report any errors (visual or game play) and thank you for all the reports and suggestions; best of luck in quests and have fun!
|by God Evan|
|Sat, 2 Jan 2021 -|
Happy New Year to all players! Hopefully everyone is celebrating the holiday safely, and we wish everyone the best for 2021.
This is just a small update to repair a few reports received over the holiday season. A few areas and issues have been improved; thank you again for the reports. After next server save, the following changes will take effect:
1. The Homepage has added Task Masters and the link to the Peora Wiki in the side bar.
2. Several map areas have been improved, including adjusting some pz areas.
3. The dead body sprite for some custom bosses have been changed to better match their overall sprite.
4. The Lava giant spawn has been expanded slightly.
5. A larger guardian trainee area has been added deep in the Monastery of the Angels.
6. The Sircera solo annihilator portal has been repaired and no longer costs a token to enter.
7. Several NPCs have been repaired for spelling.
8. Server wide broadcasts have been adjusted to be less "spammable" in certain areas.
9. All annihilator levers will give a clear message about not being able to enter the challenge when a party exists in the battle/treasure room.
We hope to have continued development in 2021, and the next update should contain information about the upcoming event schedule for the year. As always, kindly report any errors (visual or game play) and thank you for all the reports and suggestions; best of luck in quests and have fun!
|by God Evan|
|Mon, 21 Dec 2020 -|
|60th Update! (Christmas Event has ended, congratulations to all who claimed Santa's Hat!)|
The end of the year is finally here, and this will be the last update of 2020 for Peora. A large thank you to everyone who has played and sent in reports over the past year, and a special thank you to Peonso and Ilyaris for creating some fantastic improvements for the server.
The new client update has come in successfully, as have the server engine improvements. New sprite objects will begin to be used across the lands, so please be sure to update your client! The improved death rates have been installed, so please be sure to check the information on the server information page to see what losses upon death will be. Finally, the new druid spell and summon experience rate is in place, so please check your spellbook for full information.
A few other areas have been improved; thank you again for the reports. After next server save, the following changes will take effect:
1. Signage in Drake Isles, Togesland, Stonegate, and Al'Qus have been improved.
2. Several spelling errors in various NPCs have been corrected.
3. NPC Florentine has been installed in Carlin.
4.The spelling of the Dwarf Storeroom key has been repaired.
5. The sacred backpack now shows volume of container.
6. Several ice windows in Windemere have been repaired, and can now be "seen through" as normal.
7. The new death loss and blessings system, accurate to the 7x era (except for item drop; Peora blessings will reduce item and container drop rates) will be in effect; please see the server information page for rates and drop percentages.
8. The talking "mute" function has been delayed by roughly a factor of 3; players can now speak rapidly to NPCs without being muted so quickly.
9. Druids will now receive 100% experience from their summons (sorcerers will retain the 50% experience rate) and have a new spell, "Recall Summons" available that will allow them to bring back summons, even from a floor above or below. Look in your spellbook to see the pronunciation of this new spell.
10. The Christmas Puzzle event will end at the server save of December 27th. Good luck to all in obtaining Santa's hat before then!
Thank you all for a very fun year in Peora! We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
|by God Evan|
© Peora. Credits.