|Welcome, wanderer, to the fascinating world of Peora, a customized multiplayer online role playing game. Take the role of a valorous adventurer, explore a huge realm of magic and mystery and make friends with people from all over the world! To start playing sign up for a free account and download your client. See you in Peora!|
|Mon, 16 May 2022 -|
As most know, Peora celebrates its 4th Birthday in June. We would like to thank everyone who has set foot on the server, as each person who played has had an effect on the community and server as a whole. Looking at the hours spent shows people played literally 1000s of hours of playtime, and we hope this time was enjoyably spent.
The server also grew incredibly during these 4 years, with the map easily passing 100 MB. We are very happy with the wide array of puzzles and quests available, and again thank the players who helped add to the design and RPG elements.
Unfortunately, the team running the server will no longer have the time to continue this project. We are grateful for the large amount of help we received, and it was a great learning experience. Although very many people helped in various ways, we would like to also specifically thank Peonso for his incredible support and patience as the Peora team learned and grew over the years.
The server is scheduled to close on June 15th, 2022. On the final day, we will take complete backups, so in the future, if time ever permits, we can either re-launch at the saved state so players can complete quests, or use the information to help set up a new RPG/Puzzle experience. We have posted this information on Otland, and will also soon remove our information from Otservlist.
We understand (and designed) that the puzzles and quests aspects are the main parts of the server, and that it can be disheartening to have something end midway through solving. To that end, starting May 20th, all players with over 100 hours playing time can ask up to 3 puzzle/quest related questions, and the hints given will continue a considerable amount of information. If you are interested in this, please leave your questions in the newly created quest-hints channel.
Please feel free to discuss in discord and we will try to address any issues. Again, thank you for playing Peora, and we hope you had an enjoyable experience.
|by God Evan|
|Fri, 25 Mar 2022 -|
We hope the year is going well for all. Congratulations to players who solved access to parts of Drake Isles; it is nice to see it finally explored. Although it has been quiet, we are still updating and improving behind the scenes. After the next server save, the following changes will take effect:
1. The spelling of cursed rune generator has been repaired.
2. The Wizardry arena area has had the prizes corrected.
3. The defense rating of the Frost Helmet has been adjusted to 8.
4. NPC Wife has been improved in dialogue.
5. Fishing rods have had their success rates of various fish adjusted.
6. The corpse for the Frost Giant has been corrected.
7. The Drake Isles blood pit has been improved.
8. Several minor map errors have been corrected.
9. Double element weapons have been repaired.
10. NPC Riacar has been improved in dialogue.
11. All battle challenge style arenas (for example: Sircera Banshee Quest) in Peora have been corrected so it is impossible to "run" through the room and simply exit with the rewards. Signs have been posted near these areas with explanations/warnings.
12. Several broadcast messages have been improved in detail/spelling.
13. The battle area near monster Grorlam has been improved.
Sadly, it looks like we will not have time to host an Easter event this year. We are still looking, however, to having an event to celebrate Peora's fourth anniversary in June. More information on the event will be shared soon. Please feel free to discuss/request more information in Discord. As always, kindly report any errors (visual or game play) and thank you for all the reports and suggestions; best of luck in quests and have fun!
|by God Evan|
|Mon, 10 Jan 2022 -|
I hope everyone has had a great start to 2022. While nothing major, work continues as usual behind the scenes. After the next server save, the following changes will take effect:
1. A global message has been repaired in Stonegate.
2. Lord Victor's Keys have been altered slightly.
3. NPC Angeu has had spelling errors corrected.
4. The weight of the Jewel Cutter has been altered.
5. Several hunting areas in Windemere have been improved for ease of access/mapping.
6. Information about the Peora custom client being the only valid client to use has been added to the rules and server information pages.
Please feel free to discuss/request more information in Discord. As always, kindly report any errors (visual or game play) and thank you for all the reports and suggestions; best of luck in quests and have fun!
|by God Evan|
© Peora. Credits.